Wells-Brooks are proud to be working in partnership with one of the UKs largest NHS Trust in the south east. We are seeking talented Registered Nurses Band 5 Up to £29,608 + Excellent NHS Benefits
INTERVIEWS BEING HELD IN JUNE
SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR OUT OF AREA CANDIDATES
Nurses are required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts to work within their peri-operative Medirooms. The Mediroom role offers an exciting development of the traditional recovery approach and a chance to be part of an innovative development in perioperative patient care. Each Mediroom is a single patient facility in which you will admit the patient, prepare them for surgery, recover them post operatively and discharge them home / transfer them to an ongoing area of care (such as a ward, ICU etc).
Working within the Medi-Room will enable you to develop skills in a range of surgical specialties in a supportive environment. You’ll be based at a state-of-the art £450m Hospital with a basic salary of between £23,023 and £29,608 (AFC Band 5) – depending on experience.
WHY APPLY? : This is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and dynamic theatre service boasting 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of innovative surgery.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
* An opportunity to work within a pioneering service- Our client is the Major Trauma Centre for for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics
* Relocation support available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*.
* They offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
* Professional Development- access available to a Peri-Operative Development Team to support and facilitate induction and development
* Support from a Preceptor, multi-disciplinary colleagues and a dedicated Perioperative Education Team
* Regular in-house training programmes and free access to the Theatre Conference
* Revalidation support for NMC/HCPC registrants
* Career development – the option for bespoke rotation packages across specialties, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you achieve your career aspirations and realise your full potential.
THE ROLE: As a Registered Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner, you will provide support to the team and provide direct patient care in the Mediroom setting, both pre and post-operatively.
Key duties will include:
* Responsibility for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care for patients in the Medi-Room environment
* Identifying individual patient requirements and acting effectively on changing needs, liaising with and directing relevant staff
* To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentially is maintained at all times
* Give skilled support to medical staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
* Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed in accordance with Trust Policies and Standard Operating Procedures. Demonstrates effective communication within departments and multidisciplinary team.
* Advise patients, their carers and other staff on the promotion of health and prevention of illness.
* Recognise situations that may be detrimental to the health and wellbeing of the individual and institutes preventative measures
* To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient’s condition or situation.
* To be able to act in emergency situations and to be familiar with emergency procedures including fire and resuscitation. To be responsible for the support and direction of junior staff in such situations according to Trust policy
YOU: The successful applicants will be registered Nurses (NMC) or Operating Department Practitioners (HCPC).
You will also have:
* Knowledge of patient care needs during surgery
* The availability to work a full pattern of shifts, including late shifts, week-ends, nights and bank holidays
* Evidence of ongoing professional development.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
* Experience of supporting students and novice staff
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested, thanks!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
Tagged as: Full Time
Wellesley Hospital Open Day | Nurse & HCA (Welcome Bonus!),Wellington, Somerset,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Full Time Implants Dental Nurse (Twickenham),Teddington, London,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Deputy Nurse Manager,Nottingham,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Community Nurse,Bristol,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Staff Nurse £20+ Per Hour,Sutton, London,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Occupational Health Nurse Band 6 - Catterick, North Yorkshire,Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire,Contract...Apply For This Job