Do you consider yourself a strong advocate for animal welfare? If so, a career with the RSPCA may be just what you are looking for!
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate the suffering of all animals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join our team at Putney Animal Hospital on a permanent basis. At the hospital you will carry out nursing duties to a unique variety of animal welfare cases; predominantly cats, dogs and wildlife species.
Putney is a busy veterinary hospital located in South West London which each year provides veterinary services for thousands of animals in need.
Please follow our Facebook Page to find out more about the animals we help.
We are looking for someone who is confident, works well under pressure and is self-motivated to work independently without constant supervision.
What you'll be doing:
* Utilising your surgical and medical nursing skills caring for animals most in need
* Administering treatments to animals in our busy hospital where we care for both owned and unowned animals
* Conducting treatments to include Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 Schedule 3 procedures e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, first aid as directed, and where permitted undertaking minor surgical procedures
* Taking X-rays and assisting with other diagnostic procedures
* Nursing of in-patients; including some intensive care, pain scoring and ensuring appropriate enrichment regimes for longer stay patients
* Triaging patients for the attention of the veterinary surgeon
* Dispensing drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and hospital/clinic rules and maintaining up to date and accurate clinical records
* A dedicated reception team are employed at the hospital but excellent customer service skills are required for both providing some reception cover as well as admission and discharge appointments etc
* Undertaking professional and personal development associated with the role
* Working on shifts and out of hours on a rota basis
* Degree in Veterinary Nursing or Current Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
* Good communication skills (both written and oral)
* Confident and competent decision making skills
* Ability to manage own time effectively
* Ability to work autonomously
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to make sound clinical decisions
What's in it for you:
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
* 35 hours standard working week;
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service;
* a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme;
* access to private healthcare scheme;
* support for professional development after qualifying period;
* access to our employee assistance programme.
How to apply:
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
Please send your completed application form to us quoting reference VN0625 by the closing date of 13th May 2020.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals
Tagged as: Full Time
Peripatetic Nurse (RGN/RMN) - Care Home,Fontwell,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Unit Nurse Manager,Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse,Southampton, Hampshire,Permanent, Temporary, Part Time...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse - RGN/RMN,Ratton Village, East Sussex,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse,Sunderland, Tyne and Wear,Permanent...Apply For This Job