This job is for one of the top, leading providers of health care throughout the UK.
Starting salary £31,321 per annum
Our service is based on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and provides a range of assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and specialist residential services to over 90 adults with a learning disability in a range of different environments suited to their individual needs including medium, low secure and rehabilitation.
In addition to a learning disability, many of our patients have complex needs including forensic histories, mental illness, ASC and Personality Disorders. Most patients are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
We have exciting career opportunities to work as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team supporting adult patients who have Learning Disabilities combined with enduring mental illness. Working within our hospitals across south Norfolk and north Suffolk, you will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care within a medium secure forensic setting.
Assistance with relocation and accommodation can be offered.
Our RNLD/RMN role involves:
* Providing high quality care in acute wards, low and medium secure wards, with patients suffering from Personality Disorders and Enduring Mental Illness; and acute episodes of illness
* Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
* Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
* Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
* Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
* Promoting professional development within the team.
To be successful as a RNLD/RMN, you’ll need:
* A RMN or RNLD qualification
* The ability to assess and teach junior staff
* A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
* The drive to learn and develop
* A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
* A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* NMC Payment in full
* Sign on bonus – £1500 Welcome to Priory – either a sign on bonus or an e-voucher code for the Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
* Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
* Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
* If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
* To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
* Payment into the pension scheme
* CPD top up
* Donation to a charity of their choice
If you feel you meet all of these requirements and would like to find out more details regarding the role prior to us arranging an interview for you, please apply to this through indeed and we will be in touch within 24 hours
Tagged as: Full Time