To oversee / maintain the care of all Service Users Effectively liaise with the multidisciplinary team both within the home and external to the company for the betterment of care of the Service Users. Take overall responsibility in addition to providing high quality nursing care to the Service Users and their families. To delegate tasks and monitor all junior Staff activity. To liaise with Team Leader and Duty Manager
* Responsible for high standards of care by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of care plans, together with appropriate hand-over to ensure all service users’ needs are continuously met.
* Act at all times in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct and maintain registration requirements.
* Responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed within adequate time frames so that service users receive the required care.
* Undertake nursing tasks for example (List is not exhaustive) including distribution of medication and syringe drivers, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic, medical, long term conditions.
* To manage admissions and discharges as per service policies and protocols.
* Recognise own levels of accountability within the role and scope of practise. Acknowledging limitations and seek advice when necessary.
* Ensuring correct medication stock levels, ordering of medications, disposing of medications and storage as per service policy and protocol.
* To participate in regular reviews with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual service users to maintain a holistic approach to their care, including decision support tool assessments, health needs assessments and best interest assessments.
* Provide staff support, demonstration and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff.
* Contribute and attend staff meetings and training sessions.
* Liaise with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual service users to maintain a holistic approach to their care.
* Advice families of service users and GP’s of any changes in condition, which gives rise to concern and keeps them informed and involved in choices for ongoing care.
* Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of service users, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and safety of service users, visitors and staff.
* Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own area of work, following contingency plans in case of an emergency and understanding process of escalation to gain assistance.
* Update knowledge and adhere to policies, protocols and guidance’s devised by the service using best current practise (NICE Guidelines 2014, NMC Code of Professional Conduct, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Safeguarding Adults Legislation, Care act 2014 and CQC guidance.
* Act courteously towards service users and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each service user.
* Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
* Advise on the supply and quality of items used to carry our tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement
* Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
* Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
* To provide accurate documentation, this is fit for purpose, accurate and legible.
* To assist with the implementation of end of life care pathway and symptom management.
* To assist with pastoral care.
* To have an awareness of deprivation of liberty safeguarding procedure.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder and in accordance with any changes in legislation.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
* Hold a First Level qualification and current NMC Registration.
* Show ongoing personal and professional development in line with the NMC requirements.
* To display competence in all training given regarding individual patient requirements and tasks needed to be completed this requiring regular attendance to training.
* Sound knowledge of care planning and its practical application.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly Moving and Handling techniques, Fire Safety and COSHH.
* Knowledge and Understanding of The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (amended 2014) and all other relevant legislation.
* Knowledge of care for specific conditions i.e.: pumps, respiratory equipment, and basic physiotherapy.
* Display good interpersonal skills and ability to instruct and demonstrate care activities.
* Demonstrate good organisational skills including time management.. * Display evidence of teambuilding abilities and commitment to team working.
* Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
* Exhibit a caring disposition towards service users and acknowledges the need for varying approaches to meet individual needs.
* Demonstrate good practise in regard to hygiene and infection control
Tagged as: Part Time
Registered Nurse (RMN/RGN) - Maple Court,Rowley Park,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse - RGN / RMN - Bank hours,South Shields,Permanent...Apply For This Job