Registered General Nurse / RGN
Wallasey – CH44 9HN
31.5 hours 3 on 3 off
£16.98 per hour + Benefits
Our client is a nursing and residential home in Wallasey, in the Wirral area, for retired seafarers and their dependents.
Short breaks and respite care are offered in this warm and friendly home which offers person-centered care for older people.
The home comprises of 32 bedrooms, which are divided into four ‘households’.
They are now looking to recruit a Registered General Nurse to join their experienced team
About the Registered General Nurse role:
You will be supporting management to deliver high quality, personalised care ensuring that all current standards are met. Ensure excellent clinical practice, leading and managing of the care team. The role is responsible for promoting effective communication across the whole service, including positive links with residents’ families and external stakeholders.
* Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment of care needs and in consultation with the residents, their relatives and the care team.
* Lead and supervise a team of Senior Care Officers to deliver high quality care.
* Provide leadership to the shift, managing the staff resources, ensuring skill mix is appropriate to meet all care needs.
* Assist the management in the delivery of safe and efficient nursing care and support services by ensuring that rota's checked and unplanned absences are covered promptly.
* Provide support and professional supervision to Senior Care officers and identify any learning and development needs via regular supervision and PDPR.
* Undertake assessments and implementation of person centred of care plans.
* Continually evaluate the quality of care given, and regularly reassess the needs of residents in consultation with the residents, their relatives and the care team, and to effect change required to achieve planned goals.
* Undertake a range of nursing care tasks including the effective administration of medication.
* Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team including GPs and other external professional to ensure fully coordinated care plans.
* Ensure that effective communication takes place within the home so that all staff members work as a team.
* Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in accordance with CQC and organisational requirements.
* Monitor compliance with legislative requirements and organisation policies and procedures and take appropriate action to ensure any areas of non-compliance are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
* You will responsible for a LINK role in a key area of clinical responsibility, promoting best practice across the care and nursing team.
You will be a Registered Nurse with current NMC registration and have a minimum of 2 years proven experience of working in a caring environment.
Other Skills and experience:
* A minimum of 1 years’ experience of leading a team including coaching care staff
* IT competent Windows & Microsoft Packages
* Person Centred Planning approach
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Care Home Experience
* Car Driver
How to apply for the Registered General Nurse role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Registered General Nurse / RGN job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
Other skills may include: Registered Nurse RGN, Registered Nurse, RGN, RGN Nurse
Tagged as: Full Time