Bright Horizons Fulbourn Day Nursery & Preschool are currently recruiting a Nursery Chef.
This is a permanent role. For the first year, you will be working at our Fulbourn Day Nursery covering a maternity contract and then you may be required to work in a local nursery after the maternity contract ends.
Offering a salary of up to £25,000 plus benefits!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Keep the kitchen a clean and safe environment adhering to internal and external requirements.
* Encourage and model behaviour which is appropriate in a child environment being professional at all times.
* To make sure you meet the legal and company requirements for fire, safety, health & hygiene at all items and necessary paperwork is completed.
* To prepare and cook enough age appropriate food for all the children on a daily basis with minimum wastage.
* Take responsibility to make sure all dietary requirements are catered for and clearly communicated to the teams.
* Support, promote and implement policies and procedures.
* Work in co-operation and partnership with the Nursery team and parents to encourage a healthy and nutritious diet.
* Ensure that budgetary requirements are met.
* Use nominated suppliers and ensure all deliveries are accurate and paperwork is kept up to date.
* Support with other activities with the nursery e.g. BBQ’s, Fetes, Staff meetings, children’s cookery clubs.
* Experience in any role, which involves cooking in domestic or commercial property
* Food Safety CIEH L2 or above or equivalent – this must be passed on day 1 in post
* *Chef qualification*
We look forward to receiving your application!
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is “protected” as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such ‘protected’ conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. All guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found in the DBS filtering collection. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action
Tagged as: Full Time
Nursery Assistants - Stockwood,Bristol,Contract...Apply For This Job
Nursery Nurse,TW1, St. Margarets and North Twickenham, Greater London,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Nursery Team Leader,CR8, Purley, Greater London,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Nursery Nurse,Richmond, Greater London,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Nursery Practitioner,London,Permanent...Apply For This Job