Peritus Healthcare are currently seeking to recruit a highly competent and experienced ITU nurse for our client in Poole.
Our client offers a wide range of specialist services for those with life changing, chronic and/or degenerative neurological conditions.
They also provide specialist services for those who have sustained serious or catastrophic injuries such as brain injury (including injury sustained at or around the time of birth) and spinal cord injury.
You will be employed on a permanent contract, utilising your skills by supporting tailor made packages of care and assisting with the needs of the client, whilst looking after clients with a tracheostomy and ventilator.
* To promote and maintain a highly professional and caring standard of nursing.
* To participate in the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care.
* Responsible for carrying out all forms of nursing care within the clinical area.
* Accurate and full documentation of records
* Individualised patient care/ planning.
* Provide high standards of care, i.e. asepsis, working equipment, stock control.
* Follow hospital policies and procedures.
* Assist in the induction of new staff and participate in training of staff.
* Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff.
* Supervision of staff where appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Sound clinical knowledge, particularly in relation to complex care at home/long term ventilation
* Previous experience working in ITU
* Substantial experience in an acute intensive care setting
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to perform extended role procedures, i.e. ECG’s, venepuncture, IV drugs and arterial blood sampling
Tagged as: Full Time