Clinical Nurse Specialist
Are you a registered Clinical Nurse Specialist with working experience of Band 6 or above? Do you like the idea of working for a leading specialist service providing NHS funded intensive mental health packages and residential placements for complex young people and young adults?
Care in Mind have a fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join a professional team where you will be responsible for assessing, developing, outlining and implementing specialist interventions to young people, both within residential provision and independence packages of care within the community. The young people within the service, will have often transitioned from long term hospital admissions or secure care provisions, as well as having been placed as an alternative to a hospital.
You will be based in our Chorley Hub and will be required to work across the Lancashire area on a Monday to Friday basis over a 37.5 hour working week.
What’s on offer:
– £30,041 – £37,267 or £37,570 – £43,772 (Band 6 / 7 Salary – Dependant on experience, subject to salary review June 2020)
-27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 31 days + 8 bank holidays with service)
– Enhanced company pension
– Paid Induction (Running over 7 days)
– Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
– Life Assurance (2 x salary)
– Free on-site parking
– Paid Enhanced DBS check
– Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
– Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
– Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
– Refer a Friend Scheme (£500 per referral)
– Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist you will:
– Contribute to training and education of the residential team as well as facilitating reflective practice sessions to ensure all intervention is effective and evidence based.
– Work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team’s policies and procedures.
– Be expected to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary core team in risk management and case formulation for cases of concern referred to the service.
– Provide a specialist assessment and treatment services based upon comprehensive assessment of the young people’s needs from a variety of sources
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist you must be:
– A Registered Nurse and have experience at Band 6 or above.
– Experienced in risk assessment and proactive and innovative management of Clinical Risk, Risk Assessment and Management and will embrace a therapeutic risk-taking approach.
– Experienced in Clinical Supervision / Line Management of a junior team.
– Understanding of and experienced in Liaison or a role in Tier 4 inpatient CAMHS and in secure and/or outreach settings.
– Flexible enough to adapt to the changing needs and the skills to provide intensive support for young people with differing mental health needs in varying contexts.
– Full UK Driving Licence
– Legislative Knowledge and Experience
– Experience of working with young people with complex mental health difficulties.
– Evidence of continued professional development.
– Case Management Experience within a Health & Social Care setting
– Accredited Safeguard qualification
– Experience of working in a community setting
– Experience of working within a secure setting
Due to the current climate regarding Covid-19, all interviews are now taking place as a Video/Audio Interview over Microsoft Teams.
Training will be carried out at the beginning of each month over 7 days covering First Aid, Safeguarding and Therapeutic Risk Management and breakaway techniques. This is paid for along with travel expenses.
The closing date for this position is Monday 25th May 2020, so if you are interested in developing and supporting young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please ensure you apply before this date.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Clinical Nurse Advisor, Nursing, Staff Nurse, Critical Care, Healthcare, Nurse, NMC, Nursing and Midwifery Council, Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, etc.
Tagged as: Full Time
Registered General Nurse,Royal Tunbridge Wells,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Lead Nurse,BS31, Keynsham, Bath and North East Somerset,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse (F/T or P/T),BS9, Westbury on Trym, City of Bristol,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Nursery Practitioner level 3,Westminster,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Deputy Manager (Registered Nurse),Much Hadham,Permanent...Apply For This Job