Due to the expansion of our hospital Windsor Care, Oakleaf are now looking to recruit a Charge Nurse RMN/RGN staff to work days and join our friendly and supportive team. Located in the tranquil environment of Hurley near Maidenhead, Berkshire.This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established yet growing company that puts its staff at the very heart of our business. We are looking for a Nurse that share our passion for delivering quality care to our service users.
Main function of the role of Charge Nurse:-
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or long term service users.
Main duties of the role:-
Behave in a professional and discreet manner at all times and in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code.
Maintain confidentiality of documents, knowledge of residents and information obtained as pa of the role.
Be competent and confident in managing people with long term health conditions.
Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for service users with complex needs.
Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for service users (as appropriate).
Order supplies, maintain stock, ensure hygiene and cleanliness of equipment and environment and safeguard medication.
Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist service users in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
Recognise and work within own competence level
Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of service user interaction and consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
Support, manage and guide support workers on a daily basis.
Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or line manager.Personal Specification for Charge Nurse:-
* UK registered nurse with post registration experience and active PIN
* Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
* Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
* Effective organisational skills
* Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes
* The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible
* Self-motivated, positive and committed
* Have the ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
* Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment
About our service:
Windsor Care is located in the tranquil environment of Hurley in Berkshire and offers a homely, welcoming, fulfilling and nurturing environment with outstanding facilities.
Windsor Care services have a dual purpose whereby mental health regulated activities run parallel to a Nursing Home environment, the services cater for the needs of both genders.
Windsor Care is one of the UK's leading independent providers of specialist mental health hospital services for adults and nursing care
Tagged as: Full Time
Senior Registered Nurse,City of Preston, Lancashire,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Nurse Home Manager,Birmingham, West Midlands (County),Permanent...Apply For This Job
Staff Nurse - RGN or RMN - Days or Nights,Maidstone, Kent,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Nurse - £18/hr - Excellent Company Benefits,London,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ),Alfreton,Permanent...Apply For This Job