Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled Charge Nurse to join our team.
As a Charge Nurse at Burgess Hill you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals making an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients. You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, mentorship and Appraisal.
Our Charge Nurse role involves:
* Being a clear leader for the nursing team on the ward and managing shifts
* Deputising for the Ward Manager providing cover and assisting with the day to day management of the ward and team
* Providing high quality care and leading by example to junior staff
* Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
* Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
* Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
* Mentoring, supporting and supervising student nurses and other members of the team
* Promoting professional development within the team
* Carrying out sit coordination duties when required
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
* RMN / RNLD
* A recognised mentoring certificate (Desirable)
* Experience in a supervisory role
* At least 3 years post registration experience
* The ability to assess and teach junior staff
* A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
* The drive to learn and develop
* A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
* 25 days’ annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service – plus 8 bank holidays.
* Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)**
* Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)**
* Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
* Career development through Staff Nurse grading system
* A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
* Life Assurance and healthcare cash plan
* Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership and shopping discounts)
* Free meals and parking on site
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support
Tagged as: Full Time
Nurse Team Manager - Ventilators,Reading,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse,Eastbourne, East Sussex,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse,Bonnyrigg,Permanent...Apply For This Job
RGN Night Nurse,Halifax, Calderdale,Permanent, Part Time...Apply For This Job
Deputy Home Manager (Registered Nurse),Lyndhurst, Hampshire,Permanent...Apply For This Job