Gilbert Meher are currently searching for two Charge Nurses to work in a specialist Hospital that provides care for patents with mental illnesses and/or personality disorders for both male and female patients. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the most reputable organisations in the UK and great chance for career progression.
As a Charge Nurse you will take the role of a Leader on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
What do we offer?
* Many benefits in line with the NHS
* 33 days holiday
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* Free on-site parking
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Support with your Revalidation
* NMC Payment in full
* Long service award
Contact Dan Coolican at Gilbert Meher on (phone number removed)
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
* Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
* Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
* Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
* Review and document care plans on a regular basis
Positively promote the home
* Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
* Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
* Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
* Report all compliments , comments and complaints
* Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
* Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
* Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
* Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential.
You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £41,000.00 /year
Tagged as: Full Time
Registered General Nurse – Ward / Outpatients,Southampton, Hampshire,Permanent...Apply For This Job