Bank Registered Nurse
Sidegate Lane, Ipswich
£16.56 per hour
Hours as and when required
Do you need flexibility in the days you work? Our Bank contracts allow you to choose from available shifts while giving you the benefits of a consistent work place and the opportunity to build positive relationships with the individuals we support. If you’ve had your hours cut or are at risk of redundancy during this challenging time, we may be able to help!
We are looking to recruit a Bank Registered Nurse to join our Sidegate Lane Nursing home and make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Our Supported Living service is a friendly and welcoming environment, providing support to 24 people with mental health needs and/or dementia. If you have excellent interpersonal skills and thrive on making a positive difference to people’s lives, then come and join our established team and be part of something rewarding.
Read more about Sidegate Lane here
The role of Bank Registered Nurse will include:
* Preparing and monitoring resident care plans and supervising the delivery of these, ensuring they meet the needs of the individuals and are adjusted as appropriate
* Acting as an advocate for residents when liaising with multi-agency teams, ensuring their best interests and rights are promoted and protected
* Building and maintaining close working relationships with residents, their families or guardians and relevant agency teams to ensure the best care is delivered
* Assisting in the recruitment, performance and development of quality staff to ensure they operate to a high standard
* Being involved in quality, risk, health and progress assessments, ensuring legislative, regulatory and business standards are maintained
Skills and experiences:
* A relevant qualification (e.g. Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse) is essential, with a valid NMC pin
* Comprehensive experience of working with a similar client group, such as mental health or dementia, is essential
* Excellent interpersonal skills allowing you to build strong and professional working relationships
* Some knowledge of relevant legislation and its application is desirable
* Recent experience of supervising clinical staff would be beneficial
* Access to a vehicle would be desirable but is not essential
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
* Health and well-being plans
* A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
* A wide range of learning and development opportunities
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Read the full job profile here
To apply please send your CV to (url removed)
Closing Date: 26 April 2020
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Supported Living, take a look at our Twitter feed or search #LifeatSanctuary
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities
Tagged as: Full Time
Staff Nurse,Newcastle upon Tyne,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse,Millport, North Ayrshire,Permanent...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurse,Leicester, Leicestershire,Temporary...Apply For This Job
Nurse,SW1, Latchmere, Greater London,Temporary...Apply For This Job
Dementia Nurse,WA5, Great Sankey, Warrington,Permanent...Apply For This Job