111 Clinical Advisor
Job Reference: (Apply online only)CA-0219-CL
South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
(Apply online only) Services
£28,050 to £36,644 pa
South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb) has a vision to ‘support our staff to provide a caring, high quality and efficient urgent and emergency care service to our communities’.
Our 3,500 staff provide services to 4.7m people across Kent, Surrey, Sussex and North East Hampshire. We handle over 1 million calls to 999 and 1 million calls to NHS 111 every year.
NHS 111 Clinical Advisor (Registered Nurse or Paramedic)
* Full-time or part-time positions available. Shifts will include a mixture days, weekends and evenings. Hours available – 12, 18, 24 and 37.5 hours per week.
* Night shifts are available, from midnight to 08.00 in the morning.
* Ashford, Kent
* Band 6, £28,050 to £36,644 pa (pro rota) + Unsocial in line with AFC
We are looking for experienced and dedicated healthcare professionals to join our expanding clinical team at our NHS 111 Contact Centre in Ashford. South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust works in partnership with Care UK to provide the non-emergency NHS 111 service across Kent, Surrey & Sussex.
Our service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond to patients’ individual healthcare needs. NHS 111 has been designed to make it easier for patients and the public to access advice and urgent healthcare services, linking patients with the most appropriate care provider for their presenting condition.
We are looking to recruit proficient and conscientious health care professionals to undertake clinical assessments with patients using the NHS Pathways clinical triage system. We also have a range of development opportunities for dedicated and passionate HCPC/NMC registered Paramedics or Nurses who are committed to and have a proven track record of delivering high-quality healthcare.
As health care professionals using NHS Pathways triage and Directory of Services systems, our Clinical Advisors ensure that our patients receive the most appropriate advice and treatment based on their need.
This role would suit experienced paramedics and nurses from a variety of backgrounds that are looking to develop their clinical practice in a new and exciting environment.
After the successful completion of the six-month probation period there may be the opportunity of home working and bank shifts subject to attendance and performance.
The training consists of six weeks in total for a Clinical Advisor whether you are applying for a full time, part time or bank position.
Clinical Advisors will be required to:-
* To be available to work over the Christmas and Easter periods
* To harness their wealth of healthcare experience to assess and lead patients to the correct health outcome
* Possess excellent communication skills, keyboard skills and telephone manner
* Work quickly and accurately with resilience under pressure