Hungry Nurse Meal Prep – Mexican Lasagne
Busy shifts require quick, nutritious solutions. I cook this for the family and heat it up as required. I can pop the portions in a box and make great meals for the microwave at work.
Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 1 hour | Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes | Servings 4-6 | Calories 499kcal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g minced beef beef
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 diced green chillies
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 can refried beans
- 350g enchilada sauce divided use
- 12 flour tortillas 8 inch size
- 150g grated cheddar cheese divided use
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaf
- cooking spray
- toppings such as sour cream and guacamole optional
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Coat a 9″x13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the taco seasoning until the meat and onions are thoroughly coated.
- Add the green chillies, diced tomatoes and sweetcorn to the pan, then stir to mix everything together.
- Add the can of refried beans. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut the tortillas in half, and layer 6 tortilla halved to fit in the dish. Spread 1/3 of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Spread 1/3 of the bean and meat mixture over the cheese.
- Repeat the layers, ending with layers of tortillas, enchilada sauce, and the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Sprinkle with coriander. Add any desired toppings, then cut into squares and serve.
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1621mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1193IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 401mg | Iron: 5mg